Sunday, July 26, 2009
A lot of this shit is bananas
An all-new, all-star customer came into the store today. He looked fairly unassuming but it soon became clear that he was entirely screwy when he said he wanted to buy as close to 40 dollars worth of bananas without going over and he definitely didn't want the change -- in fact, he didn't even want to know how much change there might conceivably be. He piled about 30 bananas onto the scale and I slightly opened my mouth to ask him if he wanted one bag or two and he immediately put his hands over his ears and shrieked, "I DON'T WANT TO KNOW HOW MUCH THEY COST!! NO CHANGE!! NO CHANGE!!" And I said, "Sir, I just wanted to know how many bags you wanted." And he yelled, "WHAT??" with his hands still over his ears. This went back and forth for a while. Hours after, when I left, I grabbed a bunch of spelt bread that was about to pass the sell-by date...the kind that's rectangular and small and looks delicious and cake-like but is seriously bitter and disgusting. I ran into some freegans on my way home and offered it to them. I was honest about it being gross. They took it from me and one wanted to know if I had any peanut butter to go along with it. I responded no. The other one asked me what I was up to later. I told him, "Nothing. I gotta go home. I have a headache." And he asked, "Can we come over?" And I said, "Nah. I don't think so." So I went back to my apartment for a bit and later I wandered out and between the bar and Puerto Rico, I walked by, like, ten psychics, in the span of several blocks. I started to consider seeing one. What's truly the difference between a psychic and a shrink? But why are all ye psychic shoppes just a creepy 5 x 5 room? And why are all psychics named Melissa, these days? How can I find a reputable psychic, anyway? Can I Google that? Can I simply Google my future and just cut out Melissa the middlewoman? I guess, inherently, I don't need anyone to tell me that I'm closer to the end. I finally made it home and noticed that my roommate left me a brochure on my desk about finding Jesus. Maybe I'll have some time to look for him in the morning, before I go to the store again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I got that dude too!
ReplyDelete