Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Long time no see
I have this terrible eye infection in both eyes, which is pretty eyeronic, don't you think, because I was just getting used to wearing my contacts again. Last night the pain was so bad that I could only squint at my Google Machine long enough to find two pharmacies' numbers: my preferred face wash supplier, Duane Reade on 2nd and B, and an unvisited Rite Aid on 7th and D. Around 1 a.m. I sent the info to my father who loves to call in my arbitrary prescription requests and he arbitrarily chose to call the Rite Aid on D. When I shuffled over there in the morning I felt like a fucking celebrity, or a celebri-D, if you will, and you will...because everyone was all like, Look at the WHITE GIRL! As in, within the span of four streets, I was called "white girl" several times by several different D-generates, I mean D-lightful project residents. One guy D-manded, "Yo, what up, white gurrrl?" I D-clared, "I'm fine, how are you?" I should have said, "I'm WHITE, how are you?" Or maybe, "I'm syphilitic and my eyes are crusted shut, but really, how the fuck are you?" But alas I was in a rush. I arrived at the DDDrugstore and it was one of the cleanest, most well-stocked pharmacies I've seen in the city, from what I could see. I might start buying my face wash there. Anyway, my eyes really hurt and from what I hear I look totally crazy, so I won't be seeing any of you any time soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment