Thursday, September 3, 2009
Thoughts on graphic tees
It's laundry time in my magical world, a day that happens once a month. I caved and decided to pay for a load because it was either that or buy more clothes and the former is cheaper. Although I'm pretty strapped for cash because I've been eating a ton of wheat-free bread lately, which costs $6/loaf. So I dragged my dirty clothes up to Avenue D to drop them off (we do have that service in the ghetto) donning one of my only clean items: my "Your Mom Still Calls Restaurants" Seamless Web shirt. Not that I've ever used Seamless Web because we don't use that service in the ghetto but Rich gave the shirt to me. Probably for this very occasion. Anyway, there's nothing worse than wearing an English-printed t-shirt in a room full of foreigners. First they stare, then they want to know what it means, where did I get it, let's talk about life in broken Engrish, et cetera. Not clear on how this translates to other countries, exempli gratia, France, where you always see those AZN kids (with their parents) by St. Michel wearing "Sex Université: Paris" or "I Showed Your Mom A Good Time At The Eiffel Tower" or whatever t-shirts. They didn't ask what that meant before purchasing? Or they did and thought it was totally suitable for their seven-year-old. Maybe the salesman lied.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I prefigured this entire blog post.
ReplyDelete