Sunday, October 11, 2009
Name game
Yesterday I rang up A Fluffy Bunny at the store. He was truly unassuming, the only standout thing about him were two earrings in his left ear. Is that 'the gay ear?' I think probably both are. So he handed his credit card to me and I saw that the name on it was "A Fluffy Bunny." I figured it was the name of his business (pet store, porn store, pet/porn store) but for some reason I was compelled to ask: "What's 'A Fluffy Bunny?'" He said, "It's me. It's my name." Then he showed me his NY State driver's license and sure enough it read "A Fluffy Bunny" and he quipped, "Either it's my name or New York State has a weird sense of humor." That's a pretty brazen joke for someone named 'A Fluffy Bunny.' He said his new name was a gift to himself on his 15th birthday. My only response was oooook but really I'm wondering about the article usage. Why A Fluffy Bunny? Why not just Fluffy Bunny? And when he introduces himself to someone, does he say, "I'm A Fluffy...?" "I'm A Fluffy Bunny?" He should just say "I'm A Fucking Crazy." It's never too late for another name change from what I understand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment